Breastlight is an innovative wellbeing breast health screening product to use in the comfort of your own home.
Breastlight can build confidence and give peace of mind when used on a regular basis as part of your breast self-examination routine and helps you stay in control of your breast health.
Breastlight gives women a clear view inside their breast tissue to view any abnormalities developing over time.
We call this Enlightened Breast Awareness.
Breastlight helps to find abnormalities that you cannot otherwise see or feel. When you are looking at your breasts with Breastlight you may also see other dark areas. These could look like very dark spots or a shadowy area. It is possible that these are abnormalities in the breast; If you see these you should visit your GP for advice.
Breastlight is designed to give the maximum light transmission through the breast tissue though a small fraction of the light will pass through completely – and this is what you will see while using the product. So it should be used in a dark room for a accuracte viewing. We use red light to give the best contrast and enable you to see the maximum features. The light is completely harmless and has no obscure rays. You can use Breastlight as frequently as you like with no side effects.
- Four different brightness settings. The brightness setting indicator shows you the level of brightness that you have selected. There are four settings to choose from.
- Days since last use indicator - The days since last used indicator shows how long ago you last used your Breastlight. You may find this useful as a reminder as to calculate the number of days.
- Breastlight is powered by a set of rechargeable batteries. Before the first use they will need to be charged for 4 hours – after that recharging is faster as per user Touch sensor technology . The battery charge symbol will show you how much battery life is left and will flash when the battery needs chargin
Whilst Breast light is a valuable aid to breast cancer awareness but not capable of detecting all sizes, positions and types of breast irregularities. It should not be intended to use as a diagnostic device.
If you have any questions about breastlight screening device or if you are worried about using the product you can call our helpline. A guide will be available to answer your questions.
Just call +44 (0) 1484 817807
The helpline service is available normal 9:00am to 17:30pm Monday to Friday
Use it at home in a dark room, as part of your normal breast self-examination routine.
However before you use the product we do strongly recommend that you take some time to read through the instructions in the breastlight pack alongside the demonstration video.
1. Find a room in the house where you can turn off the lights and make it as dark as possible. The darker the room, the easier it is to use Breastlight.
2. It is helpful to see yourself in a mirror as you use the product â€“ so make sure there is one in the room that you can sit or stand in front of.Make yourself comfortable â€“ sitting or standing are both fine.
How to examine your breasts using breastlight
1. Most women find it more comfortable to use a lubricant, which allows the lens to slide across the skin more easily. Apply the lubricant lightly over the entire breast and wipe off any excess after you have finished.Chose a water-based lubricant, not an oil based product (such as baby oil or petroleum jelly) as this may damage your Breastlight. A sample of the specially formulated Breastlight Lubricant is included in the pack. It is also available to buy here.
Do not use the lubricant supplied if you are allergic to any of the ingredients.
2. Turn off the lights and wait for a couple of minutes to allow your eyes to get used to the dark.
3. Turn on your breastlight. At first, it will start at a low light level so as not to dazzle your eyes. The light will increase to full power only when it is in contact with your skin.
4. Hold breastlight underneath one of your breasts and push it firmly against the skin. This will make sure that there is a good contact with your skin and avoid light escaping at the side. At this point you will notice the light has become very bright.
5. By looking down you will see part of your breast illuminated by the light. The dark lines are veins and other blood vessels in silhouette.
6. There are four different brightness settings. Use the top button on your breastlight to change the brightness level. Generally larger or firmer breasts will require a higher brightness setting. Try all the brightness settings until you find the one that is right for you. If the light is too low then you will not be able to see the veins in your breast. If it is too high you wonâ€™t be able to see the fine details.
7. Slowly move breastlight around and you will be able to see other parts of your breast. You should continue to do this until you have seen as much as you can.Use your other hand to hold your breast as you move breastlight around. This will help you keep the lens pressed firmly against the skin.
As you move around you may find it easier to switch hands as you change position.
Note: The breast tissue goes right around under the arms and high up on the chest toward your shoulder â€“ so be sure to look here as well by either looking down on your breast or at the reflection in the mirror you will get a good view of all these areas.
Take time to check all areas of your breast, including the area just behind the nipple.
There is no set way to complete the examination. There is quite a variation in breast shapes and sizes and you know yourself best. Just make sure that you have a good look around.
8. When you have finished looking at one breast you should repeat with the other. Once again you may find it easier to do this if you switch and hold your Breastlight with the other hand.
At the beginning it might feel a little strange but with practice you will get better and better results.
Important things to remember are:
* Make the room as dark as possible
* Keep your Breastlight pressed tightly against your skin
* Use a mirror so you can see more
* Check all areas â€“ including under the arms and high on the chest
Breastlight should not be seen as a substitute for mammogram screening, or a replacement for general breast awareness - both looking and feeling.
Breastlight is not intended to be used as a diagnostic device.
If you notice any changes, either when using Breastlight or from your usual breasts awareness routine, you should visit your doctor as soon as possible. It may well be harmless but your doctor will be able to reassure you.
Evade using Breastlight during and afterward Pregnancy
Pregnancy and lactation enriches the blood stock to breast tissue and enlarges the breast which may cause false reading using breast light screening deviceâ€¦
It is highly recommended not to use Breastlight during pregnancy and you should wait for at least 6 months after giving birth and till you are going through breast feeding by the infantâ€¦
Breastlight Usage for Breast Cancer patients:
If you had a lumpectomy, you will be able to see the rest of your breast normally with Breast light but there may be a congealing area over your scar tissue. This may mean an increased supply of blood capillaries to the scar area which could look darker with Breastlight.
The same way if you had a partial removal of your breast, you can still use Breast light on the remaining tissue.
If you had your breast removed and reconstructed, you will not be able to use Breast light, as it only works on breast tissue.
A total mastectomy will remove all the breast tissue reconstruction uses grafts and skin graft tissue."
We aim to deliver orders within 3 working days if you order before 3.00 pm to the shipping address provided by you in your order and providing the shipping address is in the UK. For orders being delivered outside the UK, this will be longer and we cannot give a guaranteed delivery time due to the differences between carriers. Delivery timescales are estimates only. If you do not receive your order within 7 days of us confirming your order has been sent, you must notify us and we will investigate the non-delivery. Orders from outside the UK have varied delivery charges, depending on the particular country. Please note that in some instances you may be required to answer product related questions about the usage of medicines by our Pharmacist as part of the checkout process, failure to answer these will cause delays.
Delivery charges for orders outside the UK will vary.
Express UK Delivery :
Please note that Express delivery is only available on orders placed before 1 pm (GMT) Monday to Friday in the UK. After 1 pm we cannot guarantee express delivery, even if it has been selected.
We hope you will be happy with any items you’ve ordered from us, but if you’re not entirely satisfied, you’ll find details of our returns policy on the link below.
Write Your Own Review